The Mid-South Association for Financial Professionals is a non-profit organization created for the purpose of promoting the common business interest of financial and treasury management by providing and maintaining a forum for professionals of corporations or individuals for the active and open exchange of ideas, concepts, and techniques.
• We are now accepting nominations and volunteers for officer and board positions.
• We are still in need of a Program VP, and Treasurer for 2019/20.
• We are also looking for 2 or three additional board members. The board will meet not less than 2x per year nor more than 4x per year.
For those with CTP, FP&A or similar certifications, serving as an officer or board member usually provides additional CE credit for renewal of your certification.
Members attend monthly meetings featuring formal presentations and discussion topics such as:
• Global Finance
• New Regulations On Financial
Accounting & Reporting
• Changing U.S. Banking
• Working Capital Management
• Changing Technologies
• Risk Management
• Career Management
Status: Full time / Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: One (p/t accounting clerk)
Background: The Memphis Botanic Garden is a 50+ year old Memphis 501(c) 3 non-profit which is managed by the Memphis Botanic Garden Foundation, Inc. for the benefit of the City of Memphis. We have an approximately $5MM operating budget and about 65 staff members.
Responsibilities: Manage the financial functions of our Horticulture, Education, Events, Music, Rentals and Administrative operations.
Among the responsibilities of this role (not necessarily all inclusive) are:
• Cash Management
• Prepare and deliver timely, accurate monthly reports (income statement and balance sheet) for each operating area plus consolidated by the 10th business day of the month.
• Develop and present to our Board of Directors the annual budget including individual income statements for each operating area plus consolidated.
• Oversee Audit and Tax preparation function
• Manage Capital Campaign Pledges and receivables
• Oversee investment results of endowment and (new) financial reserves
• Assure timeliness of all licensing and permitting renewals
• Work closely with Finance Committee and Executive Director to execute annual goals
• Oversee human resources on-boarding and payroll functions via our 3rd party contractor
Desired background: Mid to senior level Corporate or Non Profit financial services Manager with demonstrated proficiency in QuickBooks and (ideally) Financial Edge software. Ideally a finance professional with growth potential or a seasoned, early corporate retiree with extensive financial acumen and experience.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
• CPA preferred but not required
Desired Skill set:
• Direct Bookkeeping experience
• Detail oriented
• Holds self and others accountable
• Team player
• Excellent communicator (oral and written / e-mail)
• Problem solver
• The Memphis Botanic Garden is embarking on a new $6M capital campaign which will over the next several years require the:
• monitoring and collection of pledge receivables from donors
• establishment, investment and monitoring of several new financial reserve funds
• undertaking of a number of building and grounds capital projects.
• Potential for a flexible work week (if desired by candidate)
The contact person is Mike Allen, Executive Director here at 636-4101 or email@example.com .
Manager- Pension Investments
The Shelby County Government in Memphis, Tennessee, is seeking qualified candidates with investment portfolio management experience for the position of Manager- Pension Investments.
This position will serve to direct and oversee employee pension fund investments of the Shelby County Retirement System. This position has direct interaction with the Shelby County Retirement Board, Investment Committee of the Retirement Board, investment consultants, money managers and other pension administration related professionals. Primary responsibilities include development and recommendation of pension fund investment strategies; monitor the performance of the investment consultants, money managers, custodians and other professionals for compliance with the investment policy and with contractual terms; regularly provide accurate and timely reports on investment performance and compliance monitoring to the Board and Investment Committee; organize, schedule and coordinate required money manager review and asset allocation meetings and presentations.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Public or Business Administration; or other closely related field; and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in investment portfolio administration. Pension and/or public sector funds experience considered a plus. CFA, CFP or CAIA designation preferred. All education and certification credentials subject to verification.
The successful candidate must possess demonstrated expertise investment funds management; proficiency in strategic, analytic and system-level thinking; financial planning, management and policy development; effective communications and presentation skills.
The selected candidate would start September 1, 2018. The salary for this position will be commensurate with education and experience, with a full benefits package including health and life insurance, plus a defined benefit retirement plan. This is an executive level position appointed directly by the County Mayor, accountable to Shelby County Retirement Board. Employees of Shelby County Government are required to maintain permanent residency within Shelby County by ordinance. For more detailed information regarding the Shelby County Retirement System, please visit https://shelbycountytn.gov/171/Retirement-Office. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including salary history, to Shelby County Government, ATTN: David Pontius, Retirement Department, 160 N. Main, 7th Floor, Memphis, TN 38103.
Email: david.pontius@Shelbycountytn.gov . Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Corporate Controller Position
EnSafe Inc. is an employee-owned, global professional services firm. We provide cutting-edge, creative solutions for our clients in the environmental and engineering services industry. We are currently accepting applications for a Corporate Controller at our Memphis Headquarters.
Specific position responsibilities include:
• Management of the internal and external financial reporting process;
• Responsible for the review of the financial statements;
• Management of the Finance department;
• Assistance to the CFO with financial components of special projects and analysis;
• Management of external relationships including auditors and tax advisors;
• Interactions with all levels of management in the company, including collaboration with other department leaders, business unit leaders, and project managers.
This role reports directly to the CFO. A minimum of five years of relevant accounting and management experience is required. This position demands strong organizational and leadership skills. CPA and public accounting experience are preferred.
Our employees are outgoing, self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, an outstanding work environment, and the opportunity for professional development.